The World Summit Award https://www.worldsummitawards.org, is a unique awards system, selecting and promoting local digital innovation with high impact on improving society. Combining an ongoing series of international events and activities with a global network of start-ups, social entrepreneurs, mentors, jurors, speakers, experts, government leaders, academia and civil society, WSA is an international platform for cutting edge innovative approaches on ICTs’ impact on society. In Lebanon, this event is organized by the Internet Society of Lebanon (iSOC) and the Professional Computer Association (PCA) with the support of Al-Mawarid Bank, Beirut Digital District and Ogero.
The selection process for this years World Summit Awards has officially begun! We are looking for local innovators in the following categories:
– Government & Citizen Engagement (Services, Open Data, Democratic Participation)
– Health & Well Being (Medical Care, Sport, Lifestyle)
– Learning & Education (Knowledge, Science, Skills)
– Environment & Green Energy (Climate, Sustainable Resources, Agriculture)
– Culture & Tourism (Heritage, Entertainment, Subcultures)
– Smart Settlements & Urbanization (Mobility, Productive Work, Sustainable Living)
– Business & Commerce (Innovative Services, Security, Finance, Marketing)
– Inclusion & Empowerment (Diversity, Gender, Justice, Human Rights)
1- Submissions for the WSA can contain all web-based applications, such as: softwares, webpages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, electronic devices and mobile and sms based products when coupled with backoffice website. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
2- All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, prototypes, demonstrations or unfinished projects can be accepted.
3- All submitted products must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2015. For a project or product completed earlier, the submitters have to document that significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions have been made in the period thereafter.
4- A product can only be submitted for one category. In case of multiple submissions by the same organisation, company or team, each product requires a separate registration. Submissions which have been submitted in the WSA in previous years cannot be submitted again. For a project which has been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions.
1- Technical Criteria
• CONTENT | Quality and Comprehensiveness
• FUNCTIONALITY | Ease of Use, User Experience, Appropriate Interactivity
• DESIGN | Navigation / Orientation and Visual Appeal
• TECHNOLOGY | State of the Art in Technology and Quality of Technical Realization
• INNOVATION | Originality and Newness to Targeted Users, Business Model Society and Market
2- Strategic Criteria
• IMPACT | Local Impact / Impact on Society
• GLOBAL / UN Value
GOVERNMENT & CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT – Boost Yourself
services | open data | democratic participation
HEALTH & WELL BEING – TrikApp
medical care | sport | lifestyle
LEARNING & EDUCATION – Moubarmij
knowledge | science | skills
ENVIRONMENT & GREEN ENERGY
climate | sustainable resources | agriculture
CULTURE & TOURISM – Baakleen Library
heritage | entertainment | subcultures
SMART SETTLEMENTS & URBANIZATION – Zima
mobility |productive work | sustainable living
BUSINESS & COMMERCE – LibanShop
innovative services | security | finance | marketing
INCLUSION & EMPOWERMENT – Tahaki
diversity | gender | justice | human rights